Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Karma is wonderful

As I post this, the San Antonio Spurs have just defeated the Phoenix Suns in the first round of the 2008 NBA Playoffs, eliminating the Suns on the same night that the Dallas Mavericks were also eliminated by New Orleans. Now I'm not usually one to believe in a higher power (IT'S ME AUSTIN! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG AUSTIN!") but to see the two teams that have bitched and complained about the Spurs for the past two years and generally thought they should have been handed the NBA Title on silver platters taken out on the same night in ROUND ONE is just too delicious. The idiotic trades for Shaq and Jason Kidd late this season make it all the sweeter, since both were done with the idea of beating San Antonio once and for all in mind.

I know I'm tempting fate by bragging like this, but quite frankly knowing that _allas and _'Antoni's team (cuz they don't play D... I've always loved that joke) are out and don't have a shot to win the championship is more than enough of a victory for me this season. I fully believe my team is more than capable of finally winning a second straight title and I'll be cheering them on the rest of the way, but I'm cheering even harder that guys like Steve Nash, Amare Stoudamire, Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Mike D'Antoni and Mark Cuban are DONE for the year, and with the doom and gloom predicted, possibly for good.

Now one for the thumb, guys. One for the thumb.

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM , Blogger Gib said...

Phoenix and Dallas both gone? For Pete's sake, the friggin' Atlanta Hawks are still kicking - how hard can this be?

 
At 12:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Now I'm not usually one to believe in a higher power (IT'S ME AUSTIN! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG AUSTIN!)"

Brilliant.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home