Friday, July 29, 2005

And yet they keep The Simple Life...

Somehow I missed the actual release date, but the first two seasons of the 2000-2002 series Titus have come out on DVD and I finally picked it up this week. And once again I fail to believe how FOX could cancel a show as wickedly brilliant as this, even though it's been demonstrated time and time again. In fact, I think 2002 alone saw them cancel Titus, Family Guy, Dark Angel, Greg the Bunny, Fastlane... in short pretty much every show I watched on the channel save for their Sunday night lineup.

The irony of Titus is that it had strong ratings all the way through it's run and was unceremoniously cancelled out of nowhere, while a show like Arrested Development has meager ratings and nearly suffers the same fate only to get an 11th hour reprieve. Don't get me wrong, AD is the most brilliant comedy on television today, but it goes to show you that FOX will cancel pretty much anything at any point, any time... except a star vehicle for Paris Hilton.

Wussies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home